Pain and Palliative Care Society, Thrissur celebrated our silver jubilee (1997- 2022)
Pain and Palliative Care Society, Thrissur celebrated our silver jubilee (1997- 2022) last evening. It was inaugurated by Ms. Gilly Burn who also had lighted the inaugural lamp twentyfive years ago (26 November 1997) to mark the opening. Seen in the picture are Ms. Gilly and the seven Founder members of the society which is the pioneer institution in Thrissur.
Pain and Palliative Care Society, Thrissur, which has been a solace for thousands of patients with chronic diseases, has completed 25 years of service. Started in a small room of the old Government Medical College Hospital in the city in 1997 with just seven members, the society now functions in the old district hospital building. More than 80 volunteers, including 25 doctors, nurses, retired employees from various jobs, and drivers, are the driving force behind the society which provides services free of cost. The beneficiaries include cancer patients, kidney patients, paraplegics, the mentally challenged, and elderly persons.
Earlier in the afternoon, there was a seminar on building Compassionate Communities - the Panelists were Dr. Divakaran, Dr. Suresh Kumar ( IPM), Dr. Manoj Kumar ( MHAT ) Prof Bhanumathi ( AMHA ) and Smt Sheeba Ameer (Solace).
- Pain and Palliative Care Society, Thrissur celebrated our silver jubilee (1997- 2022)
- സഹോദയത്തിൻറെ ആദ്യ പുസ്തകം പ്രവാസിയുടെ മകൾ
- Solace celebrated the inauguration of its own new building
- A visit by Tushar Gandhi to our pain clinic
- A visit by Daya Bai to our pain clinic
- Hospice Inauguration
- Snehasamgamam of Physically Challenged -2018
- 20th Anniversary of Pain and Palliative Care Society.
- Snehasamgamam - 2012
- Snehasangamam - 2010